Final list of participants
PDF - to come
The implementation of the Sendai Framework will require collaboration of policy-makers, practitioners and researchers from all geographical regions and from local, national, regional and international levels to identify knowledge gaps, co-design and co-produce knowledge, and make science and technology more readily available and accessible to support practical disaster risk reduction. The target audience therefore comprises representatives from:
- All countries those who stand to benefit the most from further development of multi-hazard early warning systems such as LDC, SIDS and LLDC;
- Government representatives from National Disaster Risk Management or Civil Protection Agencies, National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs), Geological Surveys or Institutes and different sectors including health, environment, agriculture, infrastructures, development, etc.;
- Key intergovernmental and international organizations, including regional organizations;
- Other donors;
- Nongovernmental organizations (NGOs);
- The media;
- Private Sector entities that play a major role in the provision of data and information and the operations of many systems that are key to the multi-hazards early warning efforts.
Registration for the MHEWC-II was via the registration for the 2019 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GP2019) that is all those interested in the MHEWC-II need to also be registered for the GP2019 (regardless whether they actually participate in the GP2019). While registrations for the GP2019 are still being accepted, the deadline for expressions of interest in the MHEWC-II has now passed. The MHEWC-II organizers will try to accommodate as many interested persons as possible, in addition to specifically invited/nominated participants. However, due to the tremendous number of expressions of interests received and the limited capacity of the Conference venue, a selection process is being set up that will take into account gender and regional balance, adequate representation of young professionals and key disciplines and organizations, etc. Successful participants will be notified by the end of April 2019. A webcast (with possibilities to interact via an App) will be available for the interested public. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venue & Transportation
- Accommodation (please refer to the Practical Information Page of the GP2019)