Enhancing the link between Early Warning and Early Action (EWEA) through impact-based forecasts (IBF):
- Readiness of communities to take action on early warnings;
- Need for accessing and including vulnerability and exposure data into the hazard models to identify potential impact areas and magnitudes;
- Sectoral impacts addressed by e.g. food-chain and health related warning systems;
- Good practices on integrating indigenous/local knowledge on the risk assessment and warning message design;
- Good practices and challenges to incorporate the impact dimension in warning messages to allow relevant decision making; and
- Forecast-based action and financing.